MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rousey: "If GSP wasn't really good-looking, and Canadian, he would be unkown"

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
The Chosen One

Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Obviously she is exaggerating with the "unknown" part but she's right, he wouldn't be nearly as popular.
I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Sure, in surveys Canada is bigger on the whole 'MMA' scene but our population is literally 10% that of the USA. By this logic, one can emphatically conclude that GSP must have quite the American following, as dictated by his constantly sky high PPV buys. So it stands to reason through this thought process that he has many American fans keeping his Canadian fans company. I would be very surprised to find a Yankee who is a GSP fan simply because he is good looking and Canadian.

Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote