MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rousey: "If GSP wasn't really good-looking, and Canadian, he would be unkown"

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #53 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I agree that Fujii is nothing like Ronda but for (I assume) other reasons. She went undefeated in 22 fights, she's the womens' GOAT and she didn't bring WMMA to the UFC because she's not American. Same goes for Cyborg. She was a phenom, she beat the poster girl but didn't bring WMMA to the UFC because she's not American.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Ronda, she's just a good example of proving her own statement right.
She was a lot like Ronda (in terms of how the casual fan would view her if placed in a big market) before 2010. Two losses in two years can really hurt you in the way that you are perceived by fans though.

Personally I think strawweight is deeper than bantamweight at the moment.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote