MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rousey: "If GSP wasn't really good-looking, and Canadian, he would be unkown"

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #54 (permalink)
Hammerlock2.0
It's Hammer Time!

Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
She was a lot like Ronda (in terms of how the casual fan would view her if placed in a big market) before 2010. Two losses in two years can really hurt you in the way that you are perceived by fans though.

Personally I think strawweight is deeper than bantamweight at the moment.
Hmm... I think we're talking past each other here.

My point is that when Megumi was undefeated it didn't help WMMA in the states at all because she's Japanese. Even if Megumi was 28-0 right now it wouldn't make her a star in Northern America.

And I agree, strawweight is definitely where it's at for WMMA. Especially since Cyborg got outed as a cheater.
Hammerlock2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote