Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Overeem War Wagon!!!!

9K views 70 replies 36 participants last post by  Ape City 
#1 ·

Cheers and beers to all! Come hop on the Overeem War Wagon and bask in the glory that is the next UFC HW champion.

I still think Overeem will beat JDS if they clash, and I am very confident he will be knocking Bigfoot out. Cain on the other hand is going to be a huge test. I say this because I think the weakest part of his game is his cardio, especially compared to the beast cardio we have seen Cain display. Overeem could easily drop Cain with just one well landed strike, and his tdd is very good.

Either way I can't way to see Overeem back! War!

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
I still think Overeem will beat JDS if they clash, and I am very confident he will be knocking Bigfoot out. Cain on the other hand is going to be a huge test. I say this because I think the weakest part of his game is his cardio, especially compared to the beast cardio we have seen Cain display. Overeem could easily drop Cain with just one well landed strike, and his tdd is very good.
Surely JDS' endurance is just as good? Seeing as he fought 25 minutes with Cain and did not get finished, but took way more damage.

Overeem is a huge threat no doubt, but JDS and Cain share the measuring stick right now and should both be favorite over him.

#7 ·
ugh jds doesn't have good endurance he just knows hot to take a lot a shots and not fall down, he gassed in round 1 so he hardly is a good measuring stick for reem. Reem beats JDS easy but cain he has to work his but off in defensive wrasslin

#4 ·
I dont know how you can remain such a huge fan after your favorite fighter gets exposed for roiding. I understand you like him and all.. Hell, i still like reem, but i for sure lost alot of respect for him

#34 ·
Wandy is my favorite fighter. And it was always kind of obvious he was on something. I never held some sort of strange delusion that Overeem was clean. When he was caught the only surprise for me was that he hadn't been caught sooner. Overeem served his time and he is back. Why should I fault him more than Sonnen or anyone else who made a mistake? I'm not gonna stop being interested in seeing someone fight because they have been caught breaking a rule in a sport. Overeem is entertaining, and very skilled, that is what matters to me.

If one day the UFC introduces some sort of drug testing that ensures everyone is clean then I might start caring. I learned a long time ago that if you worry about ever new drug or supplement athletes are losing you will become disillusioned quickly.

I like how that highlight had zero quality MMA fighters in it. The only note worthy part of it was his KO over Hari.

Overeem is going to get destroyed.
Still shows how devastating his striking is, but I agree, not much from the mma side of things aside from Brock.

Haha. Can't think of a better word for this than noob. Fool to be polite.

You do not 'take a lot a shots and not fall down' for 25 minutes when in the cage with Cain Velasquez, if you are not endurance prepared.

Stylistically Reem is a bad fight for Cain, Cain needs to do to him what he did to JDS, and hope he loses confidence similarly. Otherwise, it's a (T)KO loss.
I agree, Overeem really needs to come up with ana amazing game plan to avoid falling into the same trap JDS did. I could easily see the same thing happening to him if he doesn't establish control over Cain immediately.

Can i be the engineer of the train?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App
Yes sir, yes you can.

you can be the asian stewardess, i'll be the captain heh
The Asian stewardess only serves the trains owner.

I cannot wait to see The Reem steam roll Cain!! Call me co captain of this train if you need one Ape City! :thumb02:
Full speed ahead captain!

Cormier shit his pants when Overeem stood next to him in the cage on Saturday night.
I'm so not on the Cormier bandwagon. Dude is getting the W's but I don't think he can hang with jds, cain or overeem. I thin he will take out the lower top 10 of UFC with ease, though.

derp?

#9 ·
should be called roid wagon :thumb02:

#10 ·
Overeem will be lucky if he can move with the speed of a tortoise in his next fight. There's little chance he'd defeat JDS 'easily'.

I don't think people grasp the consequences of his not being able to juice. His speed will be non-existent. Luckily for him, Bigfoot works at a snail's pace at the best of times.

#11 ·
junior fights with his hands down so I don't think it will be a problem especially if junior comes gassed again and gets tagged again and again on the feet

#14 ·
...Reem hasn't really been tested in the UFC yet. He hasn't faced an elite level UFC monster like a Cain or JDS. Silva has brutal strength and can finish anybody with his lunchboxes if he gets the full mount but I don't see him taking Overeem down at all. Overeem has faster hands and WAY more diverse striking tools which is a disaster match-up for Antonio Silva. If Reem landed a nasty headkick on Bigfoot, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Werdum had no problem taking Bigfoot down when they fought, then subbed him. Overeem embarrassingly threw Werdum around like a ragdoll and Lesnar couldn't even make Reem flinch. Provided Reem pisses clean, I see Silva gasing trying for the clinch & takedowns then Overeem catching him and following threw to the finish. Reem 2nd Rd. TKO...No war wagon yet...let's just wait and see...

#41 ·
Cain and Overeem has the same taste as Overeem-Lesnar. As long as Overeem keeps it standing it will end in the same way. Overeem is gonna land som hard shots and it will be quikly over.
Cain has more tools than Lesnar but the fight has the same bottom line. If Cain will get that takedown I really belive it is over for Overeem. I dont see cardio or heart to take the punishment from Cain`s GnP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.