MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program
View Single Post
post #237 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
day 27

I had the day free, so I prepared for the gym properly.

I got into the gym fresh and recovered from the weekend and blasted away like a madman.

I got in at 4pm, got through the circuit for warming up.

I achieved a 20-18-16-14-12 cycle.

Did some footwork for the last 10-15 minutes of warmups.

Did the bare min for the pushups/crunches due to the fact I led the group.

We worked on a simple combo on pads.

I was in so much pain from the upper-body circuit that I was having a hard time holding the pads for my partner. His shots were hurting haha...

I can't remember what we did at the end for an exercise but it was in the ring.

During the transition between the 1st & 2nd session I did a pushup ladder of 20.

Went through the warmups with 2nd session.

and sparred at the end of the night.

I went with kenny again. I worked on the weave combo I found that worked on him in the 1st session of sparring.

For some reason it still was a powerful tool to utilize.

I had good feet, for half the 4-minute round. I strung a couple combos together.

Mid-way through the round I was dropped by a shot, I had no idea what got me. All I know was my arms went up vertical and my back hit the canvas. When I hit the canvas I sprung right up. Jeff did not have time to start a knockout count on me. He checked me over.

At the time I felt perfectly fine, so I went on.

At the tail end Kenny unloaded flurries up high and I was successful in defending them with my guard.

After the match was over I had asked jeff what kenny had dropped me with. He had said he landed a straight right hand straight to my mouth/chin dead on.

When i was talking with kenny he was saying he sat back and threw a counter right.

Even though I was dropped, one of the combos I landed on kenny was a weave right hook to the body, then I rose up with a left-hook to the head that started a flurry of hooks that were all connecting.

During the talks with kenny, he was saying he was rocked from the hooks.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome