MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best way to take down a heavier opponent

View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
The single that Randy shot in on Toney was very, very similar to the single I was taught for years when I was younger. Sometimes you go for the knee, sometimes you go for the ankle. We would exaggerate it much like Randy did when we shot in. Always had alteast 1 hand on the ground and 1 knee on the ground. This gif right here, is very similar to what I was reffering to. Accept Randy didn't circle as much as I thought.
His head is inside...I'm not doubting what you've been taught. But I would call that an ankle pick, it's hardly traditional, but all James just fell over so it's hard to know what Randy was trying to do.

I've always been taught that as a way to take a guy down from a clinch, it's an old Gene Lebell thing. He would head snap and as the guy stood up he would drop and catch the ankle.