MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best way to take down a heavier opponent

View Single Post

Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
His head is inside...I'm not doubting what you've been taught. But I would call that an ankle pick, it's hardly traditional, but all James just fell over so it's hard to know what Randy was trying to do.

I've always been taught that as a way to take a guy down from a clinch, it's an old Gene Lebell thing. He would head snap and as the guy stood up he would drop and catch the ankle.
See the only kind of ankle picks I was ever taught came from the clinch or tie up. The single legs I was taught were all shots and not from the clinch. Now Randy does go very low with his shot because he wanted to exaggerate keeping his head down. But he did shoot in for the leg.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote