MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping thread

View Single Post

Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #123 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
This would also be my view as a fighters best win. Especially when their 'championship fight' came in the NHB era. I have to say though, I disagree that 1998 was when Wanderlei was in his prime. I refer to my last post on this thread, in that I just think people have different views when it comes to a fighters biggest win. To be honest, it seems the both of you are using fights from the NHB era to justify your own points. The whole MMA game, from rule sets to quality of fighters has since changed dramatically, so I really don't think using these examples holds much water.

That being said. Franklin is Vitors biggest win.
Just because rules change doesn't take away the wins. Overall fighters have gotten better, but Vitor still had good wins back then and they can't be taken away just because things changed. I mean rules changed a lot since Pride, but we don't discredit the things that happened there.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote