Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Vitor's rant at the end and "Shael's" response

6K views 55 replies 31 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
That whole rant was ridiculous.

First he wants Chael to go, then he wants to fight Jon, then he wants to fight Chael, then Jones again, then he declares that he is a Champion.

The **** was he saying exactly?

Here is Sonnen's response:

"Let me be real clear and speak direct with you Vitor: you've been telling the world that you'd like to meet Jesus. I'd be glad to arrange that travel. But, first, I'm going to get rid of Jon Jones. But, you are next. Let me be clear: Vitor, I accept. Don't make any mistake about that. You have called me out twice now, once after I signed a contract to fight Anderson Silva and once when you know I was busy with Jon Jones. I accept."
source

I find Sonnen's response funny too since Vitor was actually calling out Jones :laugh:

#4 ·
I thought it was pretty funny myself... He was basically calling out Chael and Jon Jones at the same time. He called Chael a Punk, and wanted a re-match with Bones.... I was just sitting in my living room wondering if any fighter has ever called out two guys at the same time like that:dunno:

#6 ·
Jones, Chael and Vitor are the money gang right now. Ok guys, we'll all say loads of really stupid things, have undeserved title fights with each other, make our employer look like a joke then go home.

Vitor needs to decide which weight class he's in and fight a top 5 guy. Chael needs to shut up and be grateful for his current opportunity. Jones needs to watch Gustaf vs Mousasi closely and start preparing for the winner, because it'll be the first time he's fought a young fighter in their prime(like himself) for quite a while.

#11 ·
Jones, Chael and Vitor are the money gang right now. Ok guys, we'll all say loads of really stupid things, have undeserved title fights with each other, make our employer look like a joke then go home.

Vitor needs to decide which weight class he's in and fight a top 5 guy. Chael needs to shut up and be grateful for his current opportunity. Jones needs to watch Gustaf vs Mousasi closely and start preparing for the winner, because it'll be the first time he's fought a young fighter in their prime(like himself) for quite a while.
Good assessment. DC is not far behind. I think we'll finally see em dethroned within 18 months. DC is my bet. Chael is an exhibition fight. IF he wins that would go down as the biggest and funniest upset in the history of the sport. He would never have made it to a title fight with the killers in the LHW division.

Chael could beat Lil Nog, Jimmo, unfortunately prolly Shogun, maybe Phil Davis, Thiago Silva, Rampage and that's about it.

Chael would have fits against the upper echelon of the division Lyoto Machida, Gustaf, Hendo, Glover, Rashad, Griffin even, and especially against DC.

Putting Chael in on short notice was an act of desperation that was necessary to save the card, but to follow up with a TUF show and championship title fight really does make you wonder. I mean I don't mind watching the fight at all. Who's not going to tune into the TUF show now. So I guess they hit their objective, cuz people are going to watch even though it doesn't make sense...lolz.

Chael is +600 in case anybody wants to place a bet on em...haha.

#10 ·
His rant was embarrassing and made no sense. He looked like an idiot.

That said, I would pick Vitor over Chael all day. He has the sub game to pull off a sub on Chael. And standing he has the power to rock him bad. His wrestling and strength is probably better than ANderson's.

Isn't like Chael looked as dominant with his wrestling vs. Bisping or the 2nd ANdy fight as he did in all those fights before he got a shot...and the 1st Andy fight.

#35 ·
His rant was embarrassing and made no sense. He looked like an idiot.
I thought it made sense to me the first time and the 2nd time I watched it again.

He didnt call out to fight Sonnen, he basically said that Sonnen needs to take a hike because Sonnen did not deserve to fight Jones. Vitor wants to fight Jones, not that clown Sonnen, since it would be Champion (former) vs Champion (current). Sonnen is not a champion (perhaps if it was for trash talk).

Vitor called out Jones for a rematch, he did NOT call out Sonnen for a fight. Of course Sonnen is not going to give up his gift wrapped, undeserving title shot.

#17 ·
There's no way Chael is blitzing through a motivated Griffin. It'll be an ugly fight and Griffin has an active guard if he gets put on the mat. Didn't say he's going to be easy, but I did say he'll give em fits as in it'll be a tough fight. Both Griffin and Anderson have long lanky legs and it's no surprise they both pulled out the same subs albeit awhile ago. That factor won't enable Chael to tee off, but it's definitely winnable, however Griffin still has the W from their last encounter.

I think Chael will surprise a lot of people against the LHW title holder, but it's inevitable. He doesn't have the power or submission prowess to threaten the LHW title holder. I can see maybe three rounds of Chael holding em down at best then him getting cut wide open by an elbow in the fourth into a TKO or sub. Only way for Chael to win is to have 100% gas tank on the ground controlling em for all 25 minutes. Is he going to frustrate em, I think so, will he get some shots in, yep, but can he finish the LHW title holder...prolly not. That's a big problem.

EDIT: That is where DC comes in. DC has far superior grappling and has KO power. Can't wait...

#18 ·
A motivated Forrest might be a different story but Anderson completely destroyed Forrest' chin and he's really not into fighting much these days it seems. Present day if I had to bet I'd go with Chael all day, his cardio should be back to where it was back when he was fighting Okami, Marquardt and Anderson at 205 and his submission defense has improved since the first Anderson fight, I think he would completely wreck Forrest at this moment in time.

#19 ·
Yah Griffin hasn't been himself, but I threw him in there based on his previous encounter with Chael albeit years ago. The rest of the list I stand by and I think the consensus is Chael's greatest weapon is his mouth. That's what got em the title fight somehow. I'm sure everyone was confused; Lyoto who was supposed to fight, then Hendo and even Gustaf who's now facing Mousassi. Definite cluster imo, but very intriguing.

Vitor vs Chael could very well be a repeat of the Randy saga. It would pain me to see that. I never forgave Randy so I was quite pleased that Master Seagal taught The Dragon the crane kick which sent em to retirement.

Gustaf, Mousassi, Lyoto, Hendo, Vitor, and DC are in line after Chael. I think within 18 months he will be dethroned and I'm placing a sizable bet on Black Fedor cuz I know he'll be an underdog with the best chance of beating em.

#20 · (Edited)
...I agree that Vitor's rant was a little out there. It was a brilliant fight by Vitor and nobody ever expected Bis to get finished by a headkick. That was brutal. I think when Chael went too far with Anderson, he put a big target on his back now. Vitor got his chance with Jones and got subbed after nearly ripping off JBJ's arm. Sonnen has some giant nads but they will become 2 peas when JBJ gets through with him. Anderson has been on his back a hell of a lot. Jones has only been on his back for 30 seconds. Interesting...

#23 ·
A motivated Forrest? When will we see that?

Forrest is said to have an underrated ground game. Perhaps.. He defiantly is a solid grappler. But the dude hasn't sub'd anyone since 2005 and it was Bill Mahood. His last sub before that was against Sonnen in 2003....a guy with crap sub defense...whos sub D was no question even worse then. So his last 2 subs were in 2005 (almost 8 years ago) and 2003 (10 years ago). Against white belts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He could potentially sub Sonnen if they fought. But I have no reason to expect it and neither does anyone else. Sonnen probably wouldn't just sit in guard for 3 rounds.

Sonnen would probably out-strike Forrest rather easy at this point.

I love how people fall in love with underrated ground games. But the fighters who are "underrated" usually never sub anyone. And when they do it is straight bums who have no clue what they are doing on the ground.

We are going on a decade since Forrest was subbing anyone.

#25 ·
A motivated Forrest? When will we see that?

Forrest is said to have an underrated ground game. Perhaps.. He defiantly is a solid grappler. But the dude hasn't sub'd anyone since 2005 and it was Bill Mahood. His last sub before that was against Sonnen in 2003....a guy with crap sub defense...whos sub D was no question even worse then. So his last 2 subs were in 2005 (almost 8 years ago) and 2003 (10 years ago). Against white belts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He could potentially sub Sonnen if they fought. But I have no reason to expect it and neither does anyone else. Sonnen probably wouldn't just sit in guard for 3 rounds.

Sonnen would probably out-strike Forrest rather easy at this point.

I love how people fall in love with underrated ground games. But the fighters who are "underrated" usually never sub anyone. And when they do it is straight bums who have no clue what they are doing on the ground.

We are going on a decade since Forrest was subbing anyone.
Forrest choked out Shogun in their first fight.

#24 ·
Practicing a speech in the mirror and performing it in front of millions of people are two very different things lol

"Take that punk, T'yale Sownin, I don't even know your name...Get Out!"

No, no you don't know his name.

His rant was as embarrassing as Forrest interviewing Tito Ortiz after their fight.

That being said I'd love to see a clash between Chael and Vitor to see who the 185 lb TRT champ is.

#28 ·
Yep, well he said he's slated to take on Mir then after wards "in the fall he's going to kick his ass." Cormier is the way an athlete should carry himself. Plus he follows the Bushido code which I admire and respect.

#33 ·
It's good to see you've lightened up your stance on em. If he's on his A game he is an extremely potent threat. His loss to Randy early in his career and his personal problem put em on a spiral that most people would not recover from that's why he's such a devout Christian. Yah it's a bit over the top, but I think I'd be the same.

#37 ·
It just doesn't make any sense for Vitor to call out Jones considering they just fought. Albiet Vitor almost finished Jones at one point, he was finished himself and lost the fight pretty convincingly.

Calling out Sonnen makes more sense since he's getting a title shot after losing to Silva.

Anyway, if I was Vitor I'd be calling out Anderson Silva if anything seeing as he just fought Bisping at 185...and that would make him 3-0 in the MW division since he last lost to Silva...just saying, this makes more sense.

I guess that's why Vitor kind of mind boggled everyone with his post fight interview. He was fighting Bisping at MW who would have earned a title shot against AS had he won, he finishes Bisping and calls out Jon Jones, the guy he fought last in the LHW division on the grounds that Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight against Jones. It just doesn't make any sense LOL if anyone deserves Jon Jones less than Sonnen it is Vitor Belfort at this point. It would be even more ridiculous for Vitor to fight Jones again than Sonnen being granted the fight with Jones after just losing to Silva.

At the same time, why the hell not, the LHW division is a damn joke now a days anyway.

#38 ·
I don't really think too many people are lining up to fight Anderson, Rockhold and Vitor could get that fight if they push, Vitor calls out Chael and Bones instead and Rockhold wants Costa.

Weidman and Bisping seem to be the only two who want him, and Bisping ain't gonna get him now.

#41 ·
Because he feels he has a better chance against Bones. How is LHW stacked? LHW is one of the weakest divisions in MMA at the moment. The last two title contenders are MWs... I think you should check things out before calling people morons, otherwise it only makes you look like one. Goose/Moose winner and Teix are the only true LHW title contenders on the horizon, all of them are booked to fight and Glover still hasn't fought anybody good in the UFC.

#43 ·
Just because you don't know people doesn't mean they don't exist. I shouldn't have forgotten about Hendo but Lyoto has had his shot, you naming him would be like me naming Okami for MW. I also think Lyoto will beat Hendo, so if that happens then we are back to the 3 guys I named (which only a maximum of two will come out with a win). If Phillipou wins another fight he has a decent claim, Rockhold, Jacare, Lombard, Weidman, if Moose loses to Goose he will most likely drop to MW.

MW is deeper than LHW at this stage. Rashad should drop too unless he is content being a gatekeeper.

#44 ·
Yes but no-namers don't get title shots. That's why Weidman has a 0% chance of being named #1 contender now. The UFC needs contenders that are established. Nothing that Lombard has done in the UFC makes him have a decent claim.

If Hendo wins, that will be a string of wins that is deserving a shot. Machida would have a case if he beat Bader and then Hendo, not to mention he did solid against Bones. If Gus wins, he would have beaten Mousasi & Shogun back-to-back. IF Mousasi wins, it would be like if Lombard had won off the bat. And Glover would have put together a string of wins then beaten a big name in Rampage. Not to mention these guys all will have fought in big fights on PPV and Fox. Whereas most of the audience has never seen Chris Weidman fight.

#45 ·
I love it when people assume that the audience has never seen _____ fight. How can anyone make that claim when Weidman gave Munoz a forehead vagina on free, live television? I could understand someone saying that the audience needs to see more of Weidman, but saying that the audience is entirely unaware of his existence when he's fought on FUEL and FOX is stretching it.

#46 ·
Ah forgot about his FOX fight. But FOX ratings start out at the lowest and go up as the show goes on. Not many people know what Fuel is, or even get Fuel at all. It's really for hardcore MMA fans who would know Weidman anyway. Think about the name value of guys like Rashad, Machida, Hendo, etc vs Weidman, Lombard, etc to the casual audience. It's a no-brainer.

#47 ·
I don't really see what the Light Heavyweight division has to do with Weidman not getting a title shot. I get that more people know who Machida, 'Shad, Shogun, Rampage, and Hendo are but they've also been around for years and have actually been the Champion either in the UFC, Pride, or Strikeforce.

Anderson and Vitor are the only guys fighting at 185 that have won anything in the UFC.

#49 ·
I don't really see what the Light Heavyweight division has to do with Weidman not getting a title shot. I get that more people know who Machida, 'Shad, Shogun, Rampage, and Hendo are but they've also been around for years and have actually been the Champion either in the UFC, Pride, or Strikeforce.

Anderson and Vitor are the only guys fighting at 185 that have won anything in the UFC.
I was more trying to make the case of how even though Vitor fared better against Silva than Bones, in reality, he probably has a better chance of getting a shot at Silva than Bones due to the fact that there are big names at LHW closing in on the Bones/Sonnen winner, whereas there isn't one marketable fight out there for Silva right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.