MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping thread

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #319 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
thank you

I agree, both Bisping and Belfort looked sharp, Bisping got caught, Belfort is always good at that, we all knew that too. it could have gone either way.
I don't agree.

Vitor won the first round. He landed a headkick on him in teh first and a power punch that stunned Bisping. Belfort didn't wilt in any sort of clinch, when people said Bisping may be able to take him down.

I don't understand how Bisping "looked good". He jabbed and moved like he always does. Landed nothing much other than some jabs. Bisping didn't just "get caught". Belfort held back and figured out his opening. He looked for that head kick a lot because he knew it would land.

Bisping may have outlasted him if it went a ways. But it was evident to see who the better striker was. Especially when you take the power into consideration.

Bisping was dropped by an old washed up Wandy. And lost a fight that was basically a striking contest. If he can't beat Wandy at this stage of his career he wasn't going to beat Vitor unless he made it through some rounds and Vitor gassed.

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 01-20-2013 at 04:23 PM.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote