MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weight Problem Guys

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
linkster01
Flyweight

linkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enoughlinkster01 will become famous soon enough
If I was you I would focus more on your MMA training then bulking up. But here is a good formula to help you along.

STEP 1 Calculate your weight in Kilograms by dividing your weight in pounds by 2.2

STEP 2 Determine your fat percentage then multiply your weight in kg by your body fat percentage in decimal form.( 100kg x 0.15= 15kg fat mass)

STEP 3 Subtract that fat mass number from your total weight in kg to determine fat free mass.

Step 4 Determine your resting metabolic rate (RMR) using this formula 22 x fat free mass + 500. This number is the amount of calories you need to survive without activity.

Step 5 Now take your RMR and multiply it by the formula below.
Train 4 times a week x 2
Train 5 times a week x 2.1
train 6 times a week x 2.2
add .1 to every extra time you workout in a week.
This number represents the amount of calories you need to consume to keep your current weight with the training schedule you have selected.

STEP 6 If you are trying to gain weight add 500 calories to the amount of calories you have calculated. If you want to lose weight subtract 500 calories.

I hope this doesn't confuse everyone to much and good luck with the weight gain. And if ya like please rep because I hate typing this much
linkster01 is offline   Reply With Quote