MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weight Problem Guys
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 PM
If I was you I would focus more on your MMA training then bulking up. But here is a good formula to help you along.

STEP 1 Calculate your weight in Kilograms by dividing your weight in pounds by 2.2

STEP 2 Determine your fat percentage then multiply your weight in kg by your body fat percentage in decimal form.( 100kg x 0.15= 15kg fat mass)

STEP 3 Subtract that fat mass number from your total weight in kg to determine fat free mass.

Step 4 Determine your resting metabolic rate (RMR) using this formula 22 x fat free mass + 500. This number is the amount of calories you need to survive without activity.

Step 5 Now take your RMR and multiply it by the formula below.
Train 4 times a week x 2
Train 5 times a week x 2.1
train 6 times a week x 2.2
add .1 to every extra time you workout in a week.
This number represents the amount of calories you need to consume to keep your current weight with the training schedule you have selected.

STEP 6 If you are trying to gain weight add 500 calories to the amount of calories you have calculated. If you want to lose weight subtract 500 calories.

I hope this doesn't confuse everyone to much and good luck with the weight gain. And if ya like please rep because I hate typing this much
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome