MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai or TKD

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
tkd v muay thai

i take tkd and i'm constantly being told to protect my face. i have seen karatekas protect their face w/ only one hand, with the other one at right angles to it, however. she was a 5th degree black belt so i don't think it was an accident.

we are only now starting full-contact sparring at green stripe level and up.
we have incorporated muay thai here and there because nearly everybody in the class is an mma fan and is bugging the sabunim to school us on knees, elbows, low leg kicks etc. it is a hell of a lot of fun.

i don't know if you can even compare a self-defense art to one that is more aggression-based; refer to onganju's post which is very insightful on that point.

Last edited by swpthleg : 04-22-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: clarify info
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote