MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White responsible for ‘Rampage' Jackson's departure from the UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
I do. The level of competition in the UFC is going to start passing him by as he ages. He can do the whole pro wrestling thing while fighitng and he can also face a severly lowered level of competition in Bellators LHW division (which is a joke at the moment). I dont think he neccessarily sees greener pastures, I just think he knows he is losing it and needs to go somewhere he can consistently win.
Rampage will go where the money goes. This fight is eerily similar to Machida/Ortiz.

- Public disputes with the UFC, not to the same extent as Tito and Dana, since they were actually gonna box.
- They throw Rampage in there with Glover, they threw Tito in there with Machida when he was on the rise and no one had the first clue how to fight Machida.
- Tito got completely clowned, and they expect Glover to lay an ass whipping on Rampage and devalue him big time in case he actually does leave and goes to Bellator.

Tito eventually came back and I'm sure Rampage would come back if the money was right and he got his Reebok sponsorship. Tito was making big money even after Machida embarrassed him so Rampage might be able to make big money when he comes back too but in order for that to happen, he needs to win or look damn good in a loss.

If this looks like Glover's first two UFC fights, he's probably done. Rampage isn't a guy that I would trust to be smart with his money either so he needs the UFC more than they need him,

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote