MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vitor's rant at the end and "Shael's" response

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
The Best Around
Featherweight

The Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't really see what the Light Heavyweight division has to do with Weidman not getting a title shot. I get that more people know who Machida, 'Shad, Shogun, Rampage, and Hendo are but they've also been around for years and have actually been the Champion either in the UFC, Pride, or Strikeforce.

Anderson and Vitor are the only guys fighting at 185 that have won anything in the UFC.
I was more trying to make the case of how even though Vitor fared better against Silva than Bones, in reality, he probably has a better chance of getting a shot at Silva than Bones due to the fact that there are big names at LHW closing in on the Bones/Sonnen winner, whereas there isn't one marketable fight out there for Silva right now.