MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - FX to no longer carry sports - TUF, Prelims, and UFC on FX to be moved.

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jesy Blue
Bantamweight

Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States of America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System
Jesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJesy Blue Is True Champion Of Knowledge
i work for Comcast in the northeast...

1st tier of programming is network (ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, PBS), independent and local access stuff.

2n tier is usually and cheap economical plan that adds on things like HGTV, History, USA, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network.

3rd tier would be where you would get FX, TNT, ESPN, MTV, Comedy Central and the rest of your well known channels.

4th tier is where it differs by location.... that were you get your Sundance Channel, Independent Film Channel, NBA TV, NFL Network.

in some area's Speed is tier 3, in some it's tier 4, in some other areas it has to be added on as part of a separate sports package that also includes Fox Soccer, NFL RedZone, Fox College Sports Channel, Big 10 Network, and this crazy horse racing network that you can place bets with via remote control (so ******* dangerous!).

less than a quarter of the northeast even offer Fuel as a channel, and when it is it's on the sports package only, but the OnDemand content is available regardless of channel availability (and only metro Boston gets HD Net/Axs or whatever it's called now).

unless their making full changes how they place their channels within their contract, i can see this being very bad.

Carley Simon, thanks for writing that song about me!
Jesy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote