MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sylvia Vs Monson = Ist Round Ko

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kameleon
This is SPARTA!

Kameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubdoggy
this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.
I agree the headline is weak and the UFC thinks that just because its a HW Title fight that fans are gonna wanna watch the fight. To have a good PPV the matches have to be good and worthy of the headliner. Sylvia fighting Mark Hunt, "Rampage" Jackson, or Mirko CroCop would be a better fight. Sylvia is the HW champ because there is no real competition in the UFC. I do hope Monson beats Sylvia but I don't know.

Kameleon is offline   Reply With Quote