MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Review: Fairtex, Kimurawear and Hayabusa Thai pads

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tyrone Scheere
MMA Fanatic

Tyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enoughTyrone Scheere will become famous soon enough
Review: Fairtex, Kimurawear and Hayabusa Thai pads

Today I went a few rounds with the Fairtex Standard curved Thai pads ($155) The Kimurawear Muay Thai pads ($140) and The Hayabusa Ikusa Thai pads ($150) on both sides of the pad. First off all 3 pads felt about the same to hit, with their curved design. The Fairtex was very nice, but what else would you expect from Fairtex. The Kimurawear was just as nice in quality and design, however the Kimurawear out did the Fairtex both in price and added features. The “Wrist Stopper Design” is a great touch, I could definitely feel the benefits of the added wrist support and overtime it really helped with the fatigue in the wrist. Also the Kimurawear has the added benefit of a “GEL Tech Barrier” as on their site says “gives 40% more shock absorption. I personally did not feel much of a difference but it’s still a nice added bonus to have. As for the Hayabusa, it was definitely the worst out of the 3. The Hayabusa was big, bulky and unwieldy, high price and low quality not to mention that they are the least appealing to look at. After about the same amount of punishment the Fairtex and the Kimurawear held up nicely, however the Hayabusa did not hold up so well. You could start to see the edges of the pads and the face start to crack, the stitching felt loser after heavy use. My bottom line, The Kimurawear is definitely the way to go when it comes to quality, innovation and price.
Tyrone Scheere is offline   Reply With Quote