MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage Jackson says Jon Jones' oblique kick should be banned from UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
onip69
Bantamweight

onip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Rampage Jackson says Jon Jones' oblique kick should be banned from UFC

Rampage Jackson says Jon Jones' oblique kick should be banned from UFC competition

By Jesse Holland on Jan 22, 11:40a 152

After doing the dance with UFC light heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones, former opponent, Rampage Jackson, knows the dangers of the champ's oblique kick, which he believes should be called the "illegal kick." here's why.

Ever give one of your buddies a dead-leg? Funny, right? Now do the same thing, only from the other side. Not so funny.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones uses a push-kick to the knee, the "oblique kick," as a way to keep his opponents in range. Too far for them, but just right for him and his 147-inch reach.

There's only one problem.

Past opponents like Quinton Jackson are unhappy with the technique, which unsurprisingly carries the potential for serious injury to the knee, one of the most fragile parts of the body when exposed to the rigors of mixed martial arts (MMA) training and competition.

"Rampage" explains to ESPN:

Quote:
"It should be called the illegal kick. It should be banned and it shows a lot about the fighter's character that he would throw it. How would he like it if somebody threw it at him and stopped him working for a year? I thought it was an illegal move. I think spinning elbows should be illegal too because they land on the back of the head. But I appreciate a good fight, a good scrap, I just wonder which rule fighters will bend next."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/22/15...banned-ufc-mma
onip69 is offline   Reply With Quote