MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
I can see Glover mixing it up a little. I don't think he'll be looking to grapple from start to finish. I can see him exchanging, and if Rampage gets the upper hand even a little, Glover will be looking to put him on his back, or he may just put him there anyway to mix it up. Ah yes, the perks of being multi dimensional. At this point, I give Glover the advantage everywhere. Rampage has good take down defense when he comes in well conditioned (which is the only way I think it will be close, more or less me hoping Rampage comes to fight in good shape. Probably should have specified that), but given his recent performance, and the fact that his interviews haven't made him sound very motivated in terms of fighting, I can't picture him coming into this fight any better. He has a punchers chance if Glover comes into the fight in berserker mode, but I see Glover realizing the danger of Rampage's power and fighting a little bit more conservatively.

I'd be a little disappointed if Glover was looking to make this a pure grappling match. I want him to prove the nay sayers about his chin wrong (that argument is ridiculous anyway, but I'm not going there again) and out strike another good boxer like he did against Maldanado. He's out classed both of his opponents in the UFC in every area, that's one of the best statements you can make. I think he can do the same here. Catch Rampage a few times standing, and then put him on his back and beat him up. Dominant decision win, or late round submission.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 01-22-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote