MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC On Fox 6: Demetrious Johnson on verge of pound for pound greatness

View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
He fought for the title at 135 and his speed gave Cruz whose big for 135 some issues, and now he's the champ at 125, he's up there based on that but I do hope Dodson mollywops him for the division's sake, I'm a big fan of the little guys but I can see why people don't really like Mighty Mouse, his fighting style is very repetitive and doesn't do a lot of damage. Dodson can knock people out and a Champ with knockout power is what 125 needs so the people who are against it can get behind it.
It's nothing against 125 for me, it's just I don't think fighting a guy at the very fringe of my P4P list to a decision that he clearly lost shouldn't really be your high point. I didn't think the Benavidez fight was clear cut and neither was either McCall fight, which is all we've seen at 125. McCall who only made it to the UFC because of the 125 class and JoeB who also lost to Cruz in a much closer fight imho. So a lot of the 125 guys hinge on Cruz and I just don't rank Cruz that highly, he's even less tested than Aldo. And everyone gives Aldo shit for having fought only Faber(Who he destroyed and Cruz lost once to and won a very close decision) and Florian. So Cruz's biggest victories are over a guy who is clearly on the downside of his career who had already been destroyed a couple times, and two flyweights. The light guys are just so untested and so thin it's hard to rank them high for me.