Votes: 31 37.8%
  • Rockhold

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Vitor

Votes: 3 3.7%

Who do you want Spider to fight next?

5K views 106 replies 39 participants last post by  John8204 
#1 ·
A few options out there. If it's up to you, who do you want him to fight next?

#5 ·
At this point, Vitor "deserves" the shot since he beat Bisping - who was likely 1 win away from a title shot. However, we all know its never really about who deserves the shot anymore.

Ideally, I would like to see Vitor and Weidman in a title shot eliminator. Then again, Anderson can't wait around much longer.

Give him Vitor.

#8 ·
All i hear about these days is Weidman should get a title shot blah blah blah, and i tend to agree that he should and then everyone can shut up about him after Anderson defeats him. GSP and Bones fights should be his last fights. Right now if he was to beat say GSP, who in there right mind then deserves a title shot at Anderson, absolutely no one.

#13 ·
I picked Bones because Anderson presents a unique challenge to a guy that has thoroughly beaten his opponents in nearly every round of his UFC career. I'd like to see this fight happen before Anderson starts to slow down, which I realize he hasn't shown signs of it, but that seems to happen rapidly when it does.

He wasn't on your list, but I'm still a proponent of Rashad dropping to 185. Weidman and Evans both give Anderson and interesting look, but the rest of top 185ers Silva has already beat, or would absolutely slaughter.

#19 ·
Not even going to bother with Bones or GSP since they're just not happening. Probably out of the possibility of being realistic, but I'd love to see Rashad drop down to MW. Instant superfight and it would be a big, entertaining fight.

Although at this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Silva-Weidman so we can get a quick KO and Weidman can become irrelevant for online MMA fans to match his irrelevancy to the casual UFC viewer.

#21 ·
If Cote and Leites can fight Anderson so can Weidman, just stick a big fight underneath it like they did when he fought Leites.

#28 ·
I agree the marketability thing is dumb. But what is much, much worse is someone saying "I hope they make Weidman-Silva so Weidman can get knocked out quickly and become irrelevant like he is to casual fans". He is talking about Weidman not being talented enough to challenge for the title. When asked how many times he has seen Weidman fight to base this off of? The answer? "I saw him fight Maia"...

#29 ·
Life B Ez, when I said "Maia", I meant Weidman's fight against Maia, not the possibility of Silva vs. Maia lol.

When I say Silva knocking Weidman out quickly, it's not really a knock on Weidman. It's more praising how incredible Silva is and that him KO'ing his opponent is a likely scenario given his track record. That would be like me berating someone's Super Bowl prediction if they only saw a couple Ravens games this year.

#31 ·
I wanted to see him against Jones. It doesn't matter if they will put it together or not.
I have zero interest on watching Anderson vs Rashad after what Lyoto did to him.

Weidman is game, but even if he wins, would be like 5-0 lay and pray, so I wanted to see someone really able to dethrone the king in a war, out striking or submitting him. I see only Jones to provide that level of entertainment today. Anyone else is filling up the agenda blanks.

#36 ·
Weidman or Bones.

Vitor: Absolutely not, not deserving a rematch just yet.
GSP: This fight never made sense anyways and GSP has no interest in testing himself outside of his own weight class.
Rockhold: Let him at least get a win in the octagon before he's considered.

#43 ·
Jones is my dream matchup for Silva. Dana hinted at a big fight for Sept(?) for the anniversary of the UFC and hoped it would be in New York, maybe this is the fight he is planning.

I like the idea of Weidman vs Vitor. I personally would enjoy Vitor vs Silva more than Silva vs Weidman, I just don't know if Weidman can do what Chael did, he might end up like Okami. Vitor is more exciting a test just cos of his power. Even Hector would excite me more than Weidman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.