MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage Jackson says Jon Jones' oblique kick should be banned from UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Every strike is a damaging strike. Read the doctor report that SmackyBear posted.., i've had that kick landed numerous times one me cos I didn't see it coming and no real damage. We use it in Muay Thai, I never hear of serious injury because of it.

In the article Smacky posted it says that a kick to the side of the knee joint is more damaging, meaning a low round kick.. nobody is going to be taking them out of the rules now are they?
Yeah Ive used/had it used against me in Muay thai. It's never thrown as a kick to cause damage but is very effective at taking someones balance away and/or making them think about the possibility of that kick, whilst making it easier for you to throw something different.

"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo Carlos Condit Hector Lombard Edson Barboza Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote