MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anybody else real impressed with Nick Lentz?

View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
dvonfunk
Flyweight

dvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of light
Yes and no. Nunes is a tough dude, but the fight pretty much went as I expected it to. I just wish I had went with my gut and laid some money down on Lentz who was a fairly heavy underdog going in.

His wrestling and top game are very, very good. He's going to smother most guys at 145. But his standup game leaves A LOT to be desired. It seemed like any time the fight was standing, a totally gassed Nunes had him in trouble.

Like others have said, he's basically the Fitch of 145. That's exactly who he is, except with less of a chin. He'll work his way near the top of the division, but I can't ever see him being a serious contender. Imagine him against Frankie? No way.
dvonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote