MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #88 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
I don't understand the logic of some people calling for Rampage to retire? :s I hear ALOT of people saying Glover is the last hope to dethrone Jones, yet Rampage goes 3 rounds in a fight that was relatively close with no-one close to a finish and he needs to retire? Just because he isn't where he used to be in the rankings doesn't mean he shouldn't drop to gatekeeper status etc.
Glover put the breaks on after the first, but you know he did mount him, take him down with ease, unload on his back. I think Rampage is still a valued member of the MMA community, he vs King Mo would be a great fight. But he'll never be in the top ten of the division again.

BTW Gustaf and Glover may be dialectically opposed strikers and I think that would be an awesome five round fight.

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote