MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #116 (permalink)
OHKO
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS

OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Glovers lack of a jab? Did you not watch the Rampage fight, he utilised the jab effectively throughout. A good stiff, straight jab every time Rampage tried to close the distance and start swinging. He often uses a straight jab to set up those brutal ripping hooks he likes to land on the inside. Closely watch.

Just because he may appear to be predictable with his style, get in your face and swing brutal hooks, doesn't mean it isn't exremeley effective. Nick Diaz' boxing is very predictable, but not many strikers are able to stop the onslaught. Same kinda thing with Glover, he's so effective with his boxing style.

I also don't think Jones is a better boxer. He's the better over all striker and is much more diverse and unpredictable, but stick the two of them in a boxing ring with boxing rules? I don't think Glover would have much of a problem. Jones uses his kicks as jabs, rather than his punches.

I see Glover having the power, endurance, boxing ability and relentlessly aggressive style as well as his top notch BJJ and wrestling game to easily give Jon the toughest fight of his career.
I will rewatch the fight later to see if Teixeira utilised the jab effectively. Stream was laggy so I felt like I was watching 5mins of fight out of 15. Teixeira hardly used the jab in the fights against Kingsbury and Maldonado though. It seemed like he was just throwing hooks and uppercuts all the time.

Teixeira's boxing may be effective against lesser fighters but it ain't gonna work against Jones. As you said, Nick Diaz has very predictable boxing. See how he got outstruck by Condit and I believe GSP will outstrike Diaz as well. Diaz always chases his opponent towards the cage and starts hurting his opponent. He keeps his stance narrow. Condit utilised a gameplan of circling and forcing Diaz to keep turning and become unable to work his boxing. What I'm saying is, a good gameplan will easily nullify Teixeira's boxing. Furthermore, we can trust Jones's camp to come up with a good strategy.

Well, just a different opinion. Wanna have a credits bet when the fight comes?

Edit: Somehow I wrote "Used the fight" instead of "Used the jab". My bad