MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #126 (permalink)
dvonfunk
Flyweight

dvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of light
Like most of us, I'm excited about Teixeira. But let's keep things in perspective here folks. For starters, he hasn't beaten anyone of consequence in the UFC yet. Rampage is no longer an elite LHW. He's turned almost purely into a boxer, and his motivation has been questioned for years now. Second, his gas tank worries me a little. Don't get me wrong, it's good. But it's not as good as it's been advertised his past two fights. He clearly slows down considerably after the first round. And last- but certainly not least- when he's having success, he gets overzealous, let's his guard down, and let's his opponent get back into the fight. This happened against Maldonado too and he was murdering him. This is what worries me the most about him. He's well-rounded. He's a threat. But there are holes in his game.
dvonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote