MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #128 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
I will rewatch the fight later to see if Teixeira utilised the jab effectively. Stream was laggy so I felt like I was watching 5mins of fight out of 15. Teixeira hardly used the fight in the fights against Kingsbury and Maldonado though. It seemed like he was just throwing hooks and uppercuts all the time.

Teixeira's boxing may be effective against lesser fighters but it ain't gonna work against Jones. As you said, Nick Diaz has very predictable boxing. See how he got outstruck by Condit and I believe GSP will outstrike Diaz as well. Diaz always chases his opponent towards the cage and starts hurting his opponent. He keeps his stance narrow. Condit utilised a gameplan of circling and forcing Diaz to keep turning and become unable to work his boxing. What I'm saying is, a good gameplan will easily nullify Teixeira's boxing. Furthermore, we can trust Jones's camp to come up with a good strategy.

Well, just a different opinion. Wanna have a credits bet when the fight comes?
I never said Glover will beat Jones, simply that the two of them will have a five round war. I'm confident Jones will emerge victorious, I just think Glover will be his toughest test by far.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote