MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #129 (permalink)
OHKO
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS

OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Yeah he said that on the post fight show.

The way I see it, there's Glover, Bader, Phil, and Shogun all free to fight with Jones/Sonnen, Machida/Hendo, and Gus/Mousasi booked.

With Feijao suspended, match those four up. Glover/Bader and Davis/Shogun or Glover/Davis and Bader/Shogun.
Bader is a notch below Teixeira though. That submission loss to Ortiz and getting knocked out against Machida really threw him way down the ladder. He might have to win one more fight in convincing fashion before he should be considered to be in the "title mix". A win against Bader won't really help cement Teixeira's title shot. With the Rashad-Lil Nog fight being next week, Teixeira can fight the winner to determine the number 1 contender. Teixeira-Rashad would be a good test of Teixeira's wrestling and cardio.

Davis's only loss is to Rashad but he was totally nullified in that fight and made to look like an amateur. Davis-Shogun sounds just about right considering their position in the division. Don't think either is near a title shot though, unless Davis gets a rematch against Rashad and does a lot better.

What I hope to see is:

Rashad vs Lil Nog with Rashad coming out on top.
Winner of Machida-Hendo getting the title shot in August/Sept.
Gustaf vs Mousasi takes place. (I hope Mousasi wins).
Jones vs Sonnen happens with Jones winning.
Jones fights winner of Machida-Hendo in August/Sept.
Rashad vs Teixeira in May.
Winner of Gustaf-Mousasi and Rashad-Teixeira fight in August/Sept to determine number 1 contender.
Winner of that fight gets Jones on the NYE card.

A little too much to ask for? Teixeira would deserve that title shot if he gets a win over Rashad though. Gustaf would be asking for the title shot if he beats Mousasi. Whole thing might not work out.

@GrappleRetarded: To each his own then. I think Rashad is a bigger challenge than Teixeira though.

Edit: I realise I use the word "though" a lot. Really good word to use though. Or maybe I'm just using it wrongly.