MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay thai and braces??

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
The Chosen One

Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDOJO101 View Post
I tried to convince my parents that I won't get hurt from muay thai because I won't spar and they're paranoid that if my braces break then its $4000 wasted. We went to the orthodonist and he said that he doesn't want me to do it because the braces might break if i get hit. I'm not sure if the gym allows contact when drilling techniques so I was planning to get a braces mouthguard from shockdoctor and try their 2 day free trial. My plan is that if it's too risky and there is a lot of contact, I will quit or i just won't spar but learn techniques and practice on their heavy bags.My orthodonist doesn't want to make one for me and the shockdoctor braces mouthguards are horrible so I'm not sure where to get one. I don't have much time i need an answer quick
If you are just starting out, there is a good chance there will be minimal contact, beginner classes are all about the technique and proper form. Sparring with a partner for this purpose involves focus mitts, or pads. The short answer to your question is that if you're just starting out, you most likely will not be getting hit in the braces.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App

Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote