MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** UFC on FOX 6 Prelims Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #121 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
No he's not. He just won a fight he shouldn't of won vs. a guy with not much TDD at all. He won a crappy split.

He will lose to most anyone who he can't take down and hold down. I mean he could always steal a bad striking contest, because judges and some fans think his punches actually land....when they hit guys in the arm or he just comes away with air.

Guida is terrible. Not that I expected much. But I expected a little more coming off the most shameful performance from a UFC fighter in years.

Guida would lose to Lentz. He will lose to sub guys if he ever did anything on the ground. Instead he hugs against the corner of the cage or throws little elbows.

He stole a fight on the cards, like vintage Greg Jackson game plans are meant to do. Maybe he would steal fights all the way to the top....but I doubt it.
You can start the age old argument that control is weighed to heavily but it doesn't change the fact that its how the sport is scored and Guida can work it. People are forgetting a guy like Denis Siver was a mediocre LW and he is lighting the world on fire at FW not because he was a small LW but because the entire FW division is a step back, hell Lentz himself dropped two fights to mid level LW's. Guys like Guida and Edgar are gonna expose the lower talent level at FW. Look at Kenny Florian the guy moved down got a title shot and had a somewhat competitive fight with the division kingpin despite the fact that KenFlo looked god awful at FW, he physically looked drained and unhealthy. Guida was a perenial contender at LW because despite the hate he is a very competent fighter who just wasn't good enough to earn a title shot at LW. He is good enough to earn that shot at FW and IMO will likely establish himself as the #2 guy in the division.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote