MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #165 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Well to address that altitude point, when you fight in altitude like Jones did against Rampage it's harder to get oxygen and Jones schooled Rampage with ease at altitude not looking tired once.

I'm not "casually overlooking" anything, Glover dominated him, he out grappled him, I agree with your points, where we come apart is the fact that I'm not impressed by the current day Rampage, you still seem to think Rampage is relevant in 2013 when that was probably the second worst Rampage I've ever seen behind the guy who fought Bader.

Glover wants to fight again so give him someone who can test his defensive wrestling in Bader or Davis.
What has Jones fighting Rampage at altitude got to do with any of this discussion? I said to you, when was the last time Rampage has been finished inside three rounds? And that Jon Jones couldn't finish Rampage within three rounds. You reply by saying Jon was fighting at altitude. So are you saying that because they fought at altitude this was the reason Jones didn't finish Rampage within three rounds?

Even an unmotivated Rampage is "relevant" to the LHW division. He's still a very tough fight for any top fighter in the LHW division, just ask your boy Lyoto Machida about that. He's no world beater any more, but he has fantastic defensive tools, an iron chin and very very solid over all grappling. He's one of three fighters to last past three rounds with Jon Jones, even as his unmotivated self.

Give him Bader, Rashad or Davis. He'll put a beating on either of them. Maybe after he beats one of those guys, you'll actually acknowledge this guys talent and potential.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote