MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
K R Y

K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
This could easily go very similar to Aldo/Faber but I think when Edgar works on something, he gets extremely good at it extremely quickly. He'll be drilling kick checks and avoiding all day every day. Like Mercy said, he's gone 10 rounds with Bendo, and although Aldo as another animal when it comes to leg kicks, I don't think he'll get his movement taken away early enough for it to have a huge impact on the fight.

I think round 1 we'll see Edgar get smashed by something huge. Aldo is a fast starter and we all know Edgar gets hit with big shots early on, and Aldo is a lot faster than Maynard.

Round 2-3 will be fairly even with Edgar starting to pull ahead midway through the 3rd, with rounds 4 and 5 resulting in pretty easy rounds for Edgar and maybe a late TKO.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is online now   Reply With Quote