MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** UFC on FOX 6 Prelims Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #128 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
There was no controversy in regards to the stand up, Hioki clearly won but he couldn't keep Guida from taking him down, you've been watching MMA long enough to know takedowns are favored over striking.

I agree with you though(shocker!) that when he fights a guy like Mendes or Edgar that provided he doesn't try to pull his bullshit run in a circle gameplan he did against Maynard he's gonna get worked.
I'm not in shock he won. I'm used to it these days. But he did nothing with the TDs and was stuffed just as many times as got completed. Then Hioki threatened with subs and beat him up more off his back than Guida did from top.

Guida is terrible. One of the least skilled guys in all of MMA. I'm sick of judges confusing energy with effectiveness. Like Sanchez, he just wings terrible strikes that don't land and somehow gets points for it.

I figured after his last fight vs. Maynard he would have been more of a fighter this fight. But no. Dana probably doesn't even like him, but he is a name with a character to portray, so he will get good fights and probably back on the main card.

Hope they give him someone who would just steamroll him. Get him out of there. I think Lentz would beat the hell out of him.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote