MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
When you're this size, 10lb is a lot. Edgar may have worked down to it and won't need to cut anything, but it's his first time in the division and he's taking on the kingpin.

Add to that how well rounded and tricky Aldo is, he has an answer for everything and finishing ability everywhere, Edgar will need to be more cautious than normal but he'll have to be aggressive to score points.

This is a close fight on paper but Aldo is by far Edgar's most dangerous opponent for a long time. Jose is young, hungry, this will be his 6th title defense at 145lb and Frankie's first fight at 145lb, my money is on the ultra-impressive Champ.

I'd have liked Edgar to get a title eliminator fight first, get a win on the board to forget his last two fights, then take on Aldo. Not complaining, I'm ecstatic about this fight, I just hope Dana's love for Frankie remains if he loses.