MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones wants to break Silva's UFC records prior to losing to a 'younger guy'

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
I am a LHW title holder hater. I don't hate his wins, but man he's been gifted a lot of things.

1.) physical talents
2.) joined a top MMA team early on in his career
3.) Saw the financial rewards and spring boarded to a title fight after Rashad his training partner was slated to fight Shogun. Opportunity knocked and he took it.
4.) Given a Bentley then wrecked it in a DUI.
5.) Headlining opportunity at UFC 151 and declined a fight. Any other organization would have folded under that financial loss. Think back to Affliction with Josh Barnett vs Fedor and Elite w/ Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock.
6.) Nike sponsorship after the DUI and making the statement how he'd never get a dui. Most fighters work forever to get that sort of sponsorship.

He's fricken spoiled as hell.

Really it's not so much about him, but how it happened. It's too bad cuz that's the only blemish I see along with his personality.

In reality he hasn't endured the hardships that the older generation had to endure. As in fighting for a hundred bucks in the local circuit for YEARS without any recognition. Enduring the ups and downs of losses early in the career, having financial difficulties.

Til then the day will come and I predict DC will be the man to dethrone him if not Anderson Silva will be called upon by the masses to take care of the job.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote