MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - List your favorite movies for each genre

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Oh jesus christ this is tough. Let me preface this by saying I'm not a huge movie guy, quality TV shows is more my thing. I still love a good movie though. I'm gonna try to narrow it down to one or two.

Comedy: Wet Hot American Summer is the one that springs to mind first. I'm very picky when it comes to comedies. Its gotta be funny and it's gotta be a good movie in it's own right. There are a lot of alright comedies but very few great, hilarious one in my opinion. WHAS definitely is a great one though, and very underappreciated. I saw Jackass 3D in the theatre while in the army, thats the most I've laughed in the cinema.

Drama: The Shawshank Redemption is an obvious classic on anyones list. There Will Be Blood might be my personal favourite movie of all time. Daniel Day-Lewis is just not of this world. The Deer Hunter always leaves me breathless. Then there are your typical mafia films The Godfather, Goodfellas, Donnie Darko and a lesser known, but personal gem of mine, Miller's Crossing. I've already overstepped my mark I see...

Thriller: No Country For Old Men might just be my favourite thriller ever. It's ******* brilliant. Se7en is an excellent movie that you can rewatch several times. I think The Dark Knight triology are all excellent thrillers also. Plus Die Hard is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, I watch it every christmas with my dad.

What do we have left... fantasy I don't watch a lot but I do love the LOTR triology. Cheesy thing to admit but the Rohirrim coming to Gondors aid in Return Of The King at the battle of Minas Tirith gets me every time and makes me feel like a little kid, completely lost in the horns and horses and swords.

Quote:
Arise, Arise, Rider's of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day and the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride for ruin and a red dawn. Death! Death! Death! Forth Eorlingas!
Yes I know it off the top of my head. U mad?

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote