MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones wants to break Silva's UFC records prior to losing to a 'younger guy'

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notoriousxpinoy View Post
I also believe that the LHW division became so overhyped. Most of the "big" names came from Pride(Which I believe was overhyped in the first place).

Anderson came in and wrecked Rich Franklin when most people at that time thought Rich was one of the best. All the people that came from Pride(The big names,legends you say) is sporting a losing record or barely .500. Granted the Machida win was amazing.

But I grow tired of the comparisons. Silva completely annihilated the division and made MW look very weak because of the way he destroyed em. Its not because those guys lacked the talent, its because Silva is actually that great of a fighter. To downplay his opponents because of the results is ridiculous at best.

To top it off, Silva went to a higher weight and destroyed some LHW(one being a former champion). Yes Jon Jones is an amazing talent but don't pretend he's faced "caliber" fighters.

Shogun Rua is 5-5 in UFC
Rampage is 7-5 in UFC
Rashad is hardly a legend
Ryan Bader ?????? Really?
Vitor - Middleweight and has a history of losing the big fights. Legend??

I can go on but whats the point?? My point is that you're overrating the LHW division.

To top it off.. Silva tooled Bonner and Vitor(The only opponents they both have faced) like they didn't belong in the same ring as him)
That is an interesting point as that's the only comparison that can be made between the two.

Vitor got finished in the first with a Sparta kick while the LHW title holder almost got finished himself. Took em four rounds to get the Kimura.

Bonnar fought the LHW title holder to a decision while he got annihilated in the first which was what nobody has been able to do.

Anyways he is talented, but he's got five years to go. Long list of challengers who await em.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote