MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New Canadian Kid

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers View Post
Thanks guys! Last question, lol. Should I be learning BJJ by itself for the first little while? I have no problem doing that, because most "mma" schools near me that teach MMA do bjj one day, wrestling the next, striking, etc. Would it be more effective to focus on just one, like BJJ?
People will tell you different things to start with. But you really need to just train something you actually enjoy. If you pick up an art and figure out you hate it, what are the chances you will keep going back? Dabble in a bit of everything until you figure out what you like the most.

If you are serious though you should try and shoot for a striking and a grappling art at least.

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote