MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - strawweight coming soon to UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #77 (permalink)
OHKO
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS

OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Neg reps are the worst. Hopefully you don't get any, nothing you said was neg worthy.
I can accept the fact that I go all crazy super fan "you no watch like me!" from time to time and that can be annoying. I just enjoy watching MMA. Fighters size, name value and records don't mean anything to me when it comes to enjoying fights. Sorry for implying that the majority of you aren't real fans and also enjoy the sport of MMA.
Hopefully you guys don't hate me too much. But I can be an annoying little bastard at times. Especially at the end of a work day.
No worries, I like most of your posts. However sometimes when you try to jam your opinion down our throats it does get a little frustrating and annoying to me. Happens only once in a while though so its alright.

I don't really want to see strawweights fight in the UFC because:
  • There are so little fully grown men out there that can weigh in at 115lbs. Hard to find talent to fill up the division.
  • Most fans like me do not want to see strawweights in the UFC. I don't really want to see a strawweight title fight claim the main event over a much bigger fight, much like the current UFC 157 scenario.
  • I think that most of these strawweights could actually compete in the flyweight division. Force them to bulk up a lil or cut less weight. The flyweight division needs some boosting so if these strawweights want to come over, no problem.
  • I don't need UFC to specifically bring in these strawweights for their "entertaining" fights and "super athletic" ability. There are a bunch of entertaining fights in the UFC already in all weight divisions. Not all strawweight fights are guaranteed to be exciting anyway. Just because they move super fast doesn't mean its exciting. Also, we already have these "super athletic" people in the flyweight division. Furthermore, who is to say that these strawweights are more athletic than beasts like Cain, Jones, Silva, GSP, Bendo and Aldo? Point is athletic people will appear in all weight classes, so there is no need to add a bunch of additional weightclasses just to welcome some small super athletes.

I do get why some fans like you want to see strawweights in the UFC. I just don't agree.