MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - strawweight coming soon to UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #78 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
No worries, I like most of your posts. However sometimes when you try to jam your opinion down our throats it does get a little frustrating and annoying to me. Happens only once in a while though so its alright.

I don't really want to see strawweights fight in the UFC because:
  • There are so little fully grown men out there that can weigh in at 115lbs. Hard to find talent to fill up the division.
  • Most fans like me do not want to see strawweights in the UFC. I don't really want to see a strawweight title fight claim the main event over a much bigger fight, much like the current UFC 157 scenario.
  • I think that most of these strawweights could actually compete in the flyweight division. Force them to bulk up a lil or cut less weight. The flyweight division needs some boosting so if these strawweights want to come over, no problem.
  • I don't need UFC to specifically bring in these strawweights for their "entertaining" fights and "super athletic" ability. There are a bunch of entertaining fights in the UFC already in all weight divisions. Not all strawweight fights are guaranteed to be exciting anyway. Just because they move super fast doesn't mean its exciting. Also, we already have these "super athletic" people in the flyweight division. Furthermore, who is to say that these strawweights are more athletic than beasts like Cain, Jones, Silva, GSP, Bendo and Aldo? Point is athletic people will appear in all weight classes, so there is no need to add a bunch of additional weightclasses just to welcome some small super athletes.

I do get why some fans like you want to see strawweights in the UFC. I just don't agree.
One thing I don't understand about the argument you guys bring up about the number of men weighing 115lbs is the men fighting at that weight class do not weigh 115lbs. Just like Jose Aldo doesn't weigh 145lbs. Only on the day of the weigh ins do they weigh that much. I realize that the smaller we get the less weight that will be cut because naturally the smaller the man the less he is capable of cutting. But still the men will be a minimum of 130lbs. Still, a small man I know. But a small man can still be a talented man and still have the tools and technique to be an elite level athlete.
World Wide I don't have any doubts that we could find top level athletes with UFC caliber skill at that weight class.

Again I know I can be super annoying at times. I enjoy the activity at the end of the work day so I go a little crazy sometimes. I'm sure it won't be the last time, I just hope people can write it off as "crazy" and not get offended.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote