MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - strawweight coming soon to UFC

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #80 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
I know these guys do not actually weigh 115 lbs. I mentioned in my post as these guys WEIGHING IN at 115lbs. I don't have any idea how much guys weighing this little should cut while staying healthy, but I presume around 5~10 lbs? These guys can easily fight in the flyweight division by not cutting weight or bulking up a little more and cutting a few pounds. Really no need to add an additional weight class. The strawweights can definitely help add depth to the flyweight division, which is in need of some help.
5-10 lbs is on the low side for sure man. It's 15lbs minimum really still IMO. Hell I would cut 7lbs in 3 days back in 8th grade to go from 110 to 103 and that was having to do that weekly. Fighters are able to cut more then wrestlers because they get more time between cuts. Especially with new techniques out there with guys like Dolche pushing the limits. You would be surprised how much water weight even a person in shape carries around.
IMO the fly division is not in need of depth as a whole, just in the UFC. There are some great flys out there waiting to get that call from Joe Silva.

EDIT: you are right I misread the "weighing in at" my bad. But I know others mentioned size and it just seemed misleading overall to me.

Looks like I have a stalker. deadmanshand has given me 3 of the 4 neg reps I have received here LOL.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote