MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Randy Couture signs multi-year contract with Bellator MMA on Spike TV

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I really think they likely over paid and I think that is Dana's new game, he is gonna send Bellator down the Affliciton path where they spend to much trying to compete by growing to fast. That or he is gonna sue because Bellator's show is to close to TUF and them using one of the original TUF coaches is just gonna make it easier.
I don't think Affliction and Bellator are comparable. I understand the connection you are trying to make but Affliction was trying to do PPVs, they didn't have a TV deal like Bellator does with SPIKE. Bellator is much more established then Affliction ever was, I think Affliction only had 2 events? Bellator already has a ton of shows under their belt and they are showing some nice growth and this SPIKE deal is getting them more and more viewers. I understand trying to get them to over pay but it's a very different situation. I don't think Bellator is growing too fast. The have done a great job of building a base IMO.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote