MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Randy Couture signs multi-year contract with Bellator MMA on Spike TV

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I don't think Affliction and Bellator are comparable. I understand the connection you are trying to make but Affliction was trying to do PPVs, they didn't have a TV deal like Bellator does with SPIKE. Bellator is much more established then Affliction ever was, I think Affliction only had 2 events? Bellator already has a ton of shows under their belt and they are showing some nice growth and this SPIKE deal is getting them more and more viewers. I understand trying to get them to over pay but it's a very different situation. I don't think Bellator is growing too fast. The have done a great job of building a base IMO.
Bellator claimed they would put Eddie on ppv in March. They don't have the revenue stream I compete contract wise with the UFC, the UFC is offering eddie way more than he is worth. Same with Lombard who I doubt the UFC thought they would get. They are baiting Bellator into paying not only more than fighters are worth but more than they can afford with there current structure. Now that bellator sued its all public record and guys like Chandler are gonna be disgruntled cause there is no way despite being the #1 lw in the world that he is making that kind of bank. Bellator should be spending that money marketing there first 100% home grow. Talelent who may be able to make a dispute about being #1 in the world some day. Chandler is the elephant In the room in this whole deal. But once you open that can than Askren want that money then. Then king mo. Because he is more well know. Then the pit bill brothers cause they are some of the biggest stars and pretty soon Bellator is bleeding talent and money. It's a slippery slope they are putting themselves on.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote