MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #337 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
I've been progressing steadily in MT and BJJ, though extremely slowly in BJJ. I've returned to outside running, though I only do it 2-3x a week due to crap weather and not being sure how the pin and plate in my left ankle will like it. My running buddy, also one of my coworkers, is a marathoner and a wonderful motivator.

We are doing more clinch work and live timing drills, which are light live standup. I have the most schooling in combat sports out of all the women who attend, so I often find myself paired with a small guy. This is fine because they're my size, but heavier and stronger, so I have to use my speed and/or try to take their legs out with cut kicks. We aren't doing a lot of sweeps yet in live standup, though we've drilled them, and I hope to see them incorporated more, because that was my very favorite thing when I played judo.

I'm having a great time but I would like to test for shorts eventually.

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote