MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #35 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Anderson has been really good at that yes but he is fighting guys that are either totally committing to striking, standing right in front if him or backing up. He hasn't looked that stellar against the couple wrestlers that committed to takedowns that actually have the wrestling to get it done.

Do I think Rashad will definitely win? No. Is Silva the favorite? Yes. Does Rashad possess the speed and wrestling to make it his fight. Absolutely.
I use to think Rashad would be a good matchup for Spider back when Rashad was on his title run because he had such unique head movement. But IMO he isn't the same fighter post Machida. He is more gun shy on the feet these days it seems. I think Anderson is quite a bit faster then Machida and Machida had the speed advantage vs Rashad. I just think the speed is really the killer here for Rashad. It would be like nothing Rashad had ever seen before.
I use to think it would be a good matchup but over the years I have changed my mind and as time goes on and the more I see the more I'm sure Anderson would hurt him badly. But that's just how I see it playing out.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote