MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
aerius
Featherweight

aerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I said if he is relentless enough he can get it done. There was an IF in there if you missed it again.
And if I had a bigger dick then Gina and Arianny will send me love letters and hop into bed with me. And let's be honest, the chances of that are at least the same or better than Rashad being relentless enough to avoid getting tagged on the chin by the best striker in MMA.

Let's put it this way, the only person who hasn't hit Rashad clean in the last few years is Phil Davis, everyone else has tagged him or dropped him. And speaking of the Phil Davis fight, that one shows that Rashad's ground game and top control is not nearly as good as it should be for a wrestler with his credentials. I've never seen someone get stuck in the crucifix position for that long and that many times without getting finished, or for that matter even bleeding. And it's not a one-off either considering how little he was able to do to Thiago Silva.

What I'm looking at here is overall technique based on many fights. Rashad has speed & power, but his striking technique, frankly sucks. He lost most of the exchanges against Forrest, same against Chuck Liddell, definitely against Machida & Jones, and he's been knocked down or wobbled by most of his opponents since he won the title. No good striker gets hit that cleanly so often. And he hasn't shown any real signs of improvement or evolution in his style so I have no reason to believe things will be any different if he fights Anderson Silva.
aerius is offline   Reply With Quote