MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #45 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerius View Post
Anderson's wrestling defence is his weak point, but it's also something that he's improved on as was demonstrated in the 2nd round of his rematch against Sonnen. Is it good enough to stop Rashad every time? Of course not. But it's good enough to give him plenty of chances to knock Rashad's head off over the course of a 5 round fight.
I would agree. I do think Silva will have chances to end the fight. I think that Rashads best chance would be to grab a decision using his wrestling and he would have to be insanely careful while the fight is standing.

This fight is just interesting because they each seem to have the counter for the other. But I think this fight completely comes down to how long Silva can keep Rashad off of him.

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote