MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 'Cyborg' To Rousey: 'Step Up B*tch!'

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Featherweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Not that I don't like Ronda, but it seems to me as though Ronda is the one that really isn't desiring this fight. If she REALLY wanted to fight Cyborg, she wouldn't care what weight the fight takes place at. Ronda is content with fighting the limited amount of talent she has at 135 and while she is willing to fight Cyborg if she can make the weight, she could care less about the fight if she can't, which is saddening.

But I think the person that really does not want this fight to happen is Dana White. He's pretty much alienating Cyborg out of an opportunity by making only a 135 lbs division, because Rousy is the icon for womens MMA now, and also because he knows that Cyborg is probably the only fighter with a real chance of beating Rousy, so he doesn't want his golden girl to lose. And I think by doing that, he's making a mistake because this is the fight that fans really want. If Rousy continues to dominate a weak division, people will lose interest in Womens MMA.

In short, Dana White is a Ronda Rousy fan, not a Womans MMA fan.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote