MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #84 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
What is wrong with someone saying they think they can beat Anderson Silva? What are they "Supposed" to say?

"If I fight Anderson, I think I will lose"

Rashad is a former champion and a well proven fighter. I do think he has a legitimate chance of beating Anderson Silva. That being said, if the fight happens, I think Anderson's timing and quickness will eventually shut Rashad down and I think Anderson will finish, even if Rashad employs the same gameplan he did against Rampage. But my point is that there is nothing wrong with having the confidence to beat the best in the world, especially when you're not the best match-up for him.

That's not the problem,

it's the fact he says "I can beat Anderson but I won't cut
the weight to win the title"

you know, a fighters ultimate goal......... if it's that easy then do it. He had nothing for Bones, he's not taking the LHW strap.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote