MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #88 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Featherweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
How about "I think I could beat Anderson. I would like to fight him." Instead of proclaiming that he knows he'd win against a guy nobody has beaten in years.
The former would probably be the more polite thing to say as far as evaluating a potential opponent. However, there still isn't anything wrong with having the confidance in saying that you KNOW you can beat someone, no matter what their record is. I mean, it's not like Rashad hasn't established himself as a legitimate top fighter. As far as I'm concerned, with his skill set, and the right gameplan/execution, he CAN beat Anderson Silva.

But maybe that's just my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
That's not the problem,

it's the fact he says "I can beat Anderson but I won't cut
the weight to win the title"

you know, a fighters ultimate goal......... if it's that easy then do it. He had nothing for Bones, he's not taking the LHW strap.
It's obvious that Rashad has a lot of respect for Silva, and admires his accomplishments in the UFC.

Now I'm not disagreeing with your statement. But have you ruled out the possibility that maybe Rashad is passively calling Silva out by saying that he absolutely knows that he would beat Silva, so essentially he won't waste time cutting weight?
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote